Monday, January 24, 2011

2010 in Review

I'm sitting in a useless education class and thought to myself, "Hey, it's a good time to reflect on the year that just pasted" (okay, it's not completely useless but it's close). Last year was a great year. It's a good idea to keep track of the simply progression of life. So here are some snap shots of 2010 gone by:

Sadly, I lost a friend, Emily Haager, to Cystic Fibrosis and the wonderful example of a Christ-centered life she lived was inspiring and I never want to forget that.

I also lost my grandma and my aunt within a week of each other. Both were Christians and the hope that God gives us through Jesus Christ is unquestioned when dealing with death. Death is not someone should ever get use to.

Unexpectedly, I gained another dog, which was against my will.

Expectedly, we did buy a house. Expectedly only because we were looking for an entire year. It's been wonderful to have your own place. And spending life with the best wife in the world has also been a blessing.

I also taught summer school, which turned out to be a life-changing moment.

And I can't go without mentioning my Lakers winning back-to-back championship!!! All in all, a great year.

Most importantly, I believe that I've mature as a person and as a Christian. There is certainly room for growth (and they'll always be this side of heaven) but the overall progress has been enjoyable even though it comes with it's pains but I believe that's how it's suppose to work.

Well, lets hope for another great year and a 3-peat.

No comments:

Post a Comment