Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Typical Morning


6:00am – The alarm goes off and I’m hating life. I hit the snooze bottom several times and curse Adam for getting us in this mess (work) in the first place.

(The wife has been up for a little over an hour eating breakfast, praying, reading her bible, and preparing my breakfast as I’m cursing under my breath that I have to get ready for work).

6:30am – I walk around like a zombie to get my bearings and bump into walls and stub my toe on something, I can’t remember on what, and start cursing louder.

6:45am – Once I stumble into the bathroom, I decide weather or not I should shave. “One more day?” Yes. I start picking out my clothes for the day (this actually takes me appropriately four seconds) and slowly put it on while again cursing under my breath because I have to get ready for work.

After I finish putting on my clothes and log on the Internet and do typical things like, check email, check my facebook, see if there is any news worth reading, and place my bets for that night’s ball games (still using fake money). While I’m doing this the wife brings in my breakfast and knows I’m a zombie but still wants a kiss from me. I can’t remember if I give it to her or not.

7:15am – Suddenly, when breakfast is finish, I realize that I’m running late and bolt out of the door and forget to take my lunch. I’m about half way to work when I realize I forgot my lunch and start cursing again.

I guess I’m not much of a morning person. My wife is a great example of how to treat your mornings and how to start your day. I might realize this if I weren’t a zombie. Maybe I’ll give it a try. Starting off the day in worship might put my frame of mind in the right place. This may result in me not beating my head 27 times throughout the day. But that’s for tomorrow’s blog, “A Typical Work Day.”

Serious note: I really don’t curse . . . much.

2 comments:

  1. Dude! I'm rolling on the floor laughing as usual! I suspect that, try as you might, mornings are never going to change for you. You're obviously not a morning person, good luck trying to become one. On the other hand, devotions—no matter when you do them—ARE important!

    I AM a morning person and people like me, drive people like you crazy, in the morning because we are too chipper and happy.

    Of course the reverse is true at night...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Uncle John,

    That's a good point - "the reverse is true at night." That's going to be the premise of my blog, "A Typical Night." You're getting ahead of me.

    ReplyDelete