Saturday, March 6, 2010

Just One of Those Days




If you’ve been following my blog for any length of time you know that I’m not a morning person. This morning I had to let the dog out to do his business, but I didn’t notice the squirrel across the street. Of course the dog takes off like he’s been shot out of a cannon. I had to go chase him, and mind you it’s the morning and I’m not really in the mood to be chasing anything.

As soon as I thought I had the dog in my grasp there was another person walking their dog. My dog thought it was necessary to go and interact with the other dog in an aggressive manner. This didn’t sit well with the other dog or it’s owner. After finally catching my dog I had to drag him back to the house. Not a fun way to start the day.

This Saturday morning I also had to get up early to attend a seminar for teachers at Cal State Dominguez Hills. These seminars really don’t add any type of insight into the teaching profession. It’s more like group therapy where teachers get together and complain about everything wrong with the education system. Admittedly, there are plenty of things wrong with the educational system so there are plenty of things to complain about. However, I have to endure this for several hours on a Saturday, the day I usually get to sleep in and play basketball for hours.

After the seminar mercifully comes to an end, I get back to my car and notice broken glass around it and knew immediately that it was broken into. Sure enough my radio was stolen and broken glass covered every inch of the interior. It took me the next twenty minutes or so to clean the glass out of the car as best I could. The whole time I was thinking to myself that I needed a drink. I prayed for the individual(s) who stole my radio- that God would save his soul or have him get hit by a semi. Or both.




Dejected I arrive home and I thought I would get my mind off of the whole ordeal and decided to rent a movie off itunes. As the movie is downloading, I get a message from my computer saying that there is an “error” in the file and the movie cannot be downloaded despite the fact that I already paid for it. Wonderful.

Days like this one I would call a “wash,” go to bed and start over the next day. But the wife wants to go out because she recently had knee surgery and has been stuck inside for a few days. At this point I’m thinking two things (1) if we do go out, considering how the day is going, what are the odds of me choking on the food I order? 5 to 1, 3 to 1? Or (2) we could go out to our favorite spot,Cheesecake Factory, and I could medicate myself on a few pieces of cheesecake and maybe even rub some of the whip cream on my hair. Fun times. I think we’ll go with door number 2. Let’s pray that number 1 doesn’t happen because I haven’t updated my life insurance policy yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment