Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Tron in 3D

Now I haven't jumped on the 3D bandwagon just yet. I understand it seems to be the new "cool" thing for the movie-going experience. However, do I really want to have things thrown at my face for two and a half hours? I often read movie reviews of new releases and there has been a fair share of them that say certain movies in 3D have been distracting. My fear is that more movies will attempt to sell more on the visuals instead of the story because thanks to movies like Avatar, 3D has become a cash-cow. So why bother with a good story or have characters with any depth? Lets just work on something that looks cool on 3D.

However, there are movies that would sell you on the visuals anyway so 3D doesn't really matter. Like the up coming release (Dec 17, 2010) of Tron Legacy. I have to admit the trailer got me pretty excited. No, I haven't seen a movie in 3D yet. But if I'm going to try it once, why not Tron Legacy?

As a kid growing up I loved the original. I played the game at my mom's 7-Eleven everyday after school. Now a sequel is coming out with all the advances in special effects. Holy Cow!!! How do I NOT watch this movie in 3D?! I'm not entirely sure if the wife is on board but in any case, I'm watching this thing because it's one of few good childhood memories that I have. Anything that makes me feel like a kid again, you could count me in.

Here's the original 1982 trailer for kicks:


Here's the latest Tron Legacy trailer:


For more information on this movie click here.

3 comments:

  1. I can see that I'm getting old because I think what sums up that movie is skin tight suits = attract teenaged boys; lots of cgi = attract teenaged boys; lousy story line = teenaged boys don't care because of skin tight suits...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the biggest nerd I know!
    Hahhahahahahha!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey it's Uncle John!!! It's been a while since I've heard from you. I thought you were actually working or something.

    Bianca: Thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete