Tuesday, August 10, 2010

NBA Schedule 2010-2011


The 2010-2011 NBA Schedule is out and therefore the Lakers schedule is out. Although I'm still on the fence with renewing my season tickets I'm going to pretend I am. Since I already mentioned the Christmas Day games lets move on to the rest of the schedule. Shall we?

Oct 29, 2010 - vs. Houston - This is opening night and of course there will be a ring ceremony. But this time Trevor Ariza watches Ron-Ron get his ring. If Ariza hasn't fired his agent he needs to, like right now.

Oct 31 or Nov 21, 2010 vs. Golden State - I usually take my buddy Chris Hunt to one of these games because he's a big Warriors fan. The problem here is that they are both Sunday night games. Chris and I both help lead Grace Groups (home bible study) and they meet on Sunday nights. We'll have to think of a good excuse for missing the night. Any suggestions? . . . ANY?

Jan 9 , 2011 - vs. New York - The new look Knicks are in the house. They should be an exciting team if Amar'e hasn't blown out his knee by then.

Jan 17, 2011 - vs. Oklahoma City - K. Durant is in town. He'll be considered the best player in the league in about three years. The only problem with going to this game is that it's our anniversary. Does the wife really want to go to a ball game on our anniversary? My selling point will be that we'll celebrate it during the weekend instead of a lame Monday. Do you think she'll buy it? I don't think so either.

Jan 25, 2011 - vs. Utah - First home game against Utah. What are the chances that Kobe lights up Raja Bell for not signing with the Lakers? I think he goes for 50 that night.

April 3, 2011 - vs. Denver - This is always an exciting game because of the colorful characters.

April 12, 2011 - vs. San Antonio - The were are best rivals during the better part of the decade. I'm going to this game simply out of respect for them (although I hope we crashed them badly).

Now at a glance you might notice that I'm not going to many games this year but that could change when the season gets under way. But since the wife and I are in the process of buying a home, who knows what's going to happy. I know that it's been great having these tickets. One of my hope(s) is to have them long enough for when Junior Jr. comes along and educating him in Laker lore. That would be sweet! Maybe I'll sell the wife on keeping the tickets will be future investment on some good father-son time (and no, I haven't thought about having a girl, yet). Do you think she'll buy it? . . . neither do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment