Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Friends in the Motherland




Thanks John and Renee for the shout out while you're in Thailand. My mom would have been lovin' it. This certainly makes me want to travel some more.

Here is John and Renee's blog entire while at Thailand:

We enjoyed a late night stroll through downtown Bangkok on our first night in Thailand. The night air was thick and steamy. Shoppers, diners, vendors, stray men, and, sadly, countless young women standing alone crowded the sidewalks. A band strolled by in the street blaring amplified music from a synthesizer and giant speakers on wheels. Groovy dancers in orange construction vests bobbed and twirled in their wake. Steam rose from carts where shrimp, chicken skewers and whole fish fried in pots of oil or batter.

To read the rest go to John and Renee's blog here.

2 comments:

  1. I am waiting for my trip to the Motherland! :) I got to try the dessert that John and Renee mentioned in their blog when Victoria brought some for Jr the other day. I only got 1 of 6 because the hubby consumed the other 5 so rapidly. I could hardly fault him though. He was like a kid in a candy shop! They were very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess a trip to the Motherland is in order. No promises on sharing the dessert, however.

    ReplyDelete