Sunday, October 4, 2009

An Open Letter to Ron Artest



Opening day is about three weeks away. I haven't had this much anticipation for an up and coming season in quite some time. In Kyle Slavin’s blog he wrote an open letter to newly acquired Ron Artest. He has the same feelings I do towards the situation so I’ll post it here. Here's a quote:

Let me be absolutely clear: you absolutely cannot mess this season up. You fail here, and you will never redeem your career again. You ruin this good thing we have going in LA, and the rest of your basketball days will be tarnished by it. In LA, we fans run deep. We know our basketball, we know our history, and we have more than a passing interest in the Lake Show. We will be here longer than you. We have more influence than you. Win us over, and you will be a Hall of Famer. Lose our faith, and you will never see this level of love again.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I'm totally looking forward to the season. I have no doubts that we'll go down as one of the best teams in league history. So let's get this started already.

No comments:

Post a Comment