Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Jammer - 01.24.12

I’m starting a series called The Jammer, which will point out up and coming movies and whatever I find interesting in the news. Hope you readers enjoy and comments are always appreciated.

Upcoming Movies

The Grey

In Alaska, a plane crashes in the wild leaving several oil workers stranded and fighting for their lives against the elements and a pack of hungry wolves. Liam Neeson vs. a pack of hungry wolves? I’m sold. I was pleasantly surprised with his action chops in Taken and wouldn’t mind if he turned his @$$kicking ways to a bunch of wolves. At the end of the trailer you see Neeson look at a wolf, strap mini broken bottles to his knuckles, and run head first towards the animal. Ballsy! What’s not to like?



Project X

Anytime Hollywood could exploit youthful ignorance it will pounce like a cheetah on cocaine. Here’s film without much of a story and completely void of substance but relying on totally on a bunch of teenagers acting like jackasses on jackass steroids. And you know what? This movie is going to make a lot of $$$. After this movie comes out how many idiot teenagers are going to think behaving recklessly is “cool?” And popularity among peers is the chief end of all mankind? Thanks Hollywood for continuing to poison our youth and making every effort to steer them towards hell in the name of making a profit.

I don't even want to link the trailer but if you really want to see it here it is.

Interesting News

I realize I’m a little late with this bit of news but I just found out that Starbucks would begin serving beer and wine. They already started in Seattle and will begin at select Southern California stores.

My mom owned a 7-11 for as long as I could remember. My sister, Vicky, took over the store, located in East Los Angeles, after she passed away. I could tell you serving alcohol doesn’t bring in the classiest of customers. I’m not saying people who purchase alcohol are gangsters and thugs. But what I am saying gangsters and thugs purchase alcohol. If your customer base is typically the working middle class who enjoy coffee and/or students who enjoy studying at a Starbucks, why in the world are you going to attempt to reach a demographic that could cause tension? Because, you know, college students enjoy studying with a bunch of cholo(s). Is Starbucks going to refer the 40oz Old English as the “Double Venti OE?” I moved out of East Los Angeles in order to get away from that demographic.

That’s it for today. Leave your comments on the topics mentioned above. I would love to hear your opinion. Should Starbucks start serving alcohol? Should there be an episode of Man vs. Wild where Bear Grylls shows us how to fight off a pack of wolves?

No comments:

Post a Comment