Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Reassigned 2.2



A couple of weeks ago my staff decided to have a potluck. The cool thing about being a part of a new staff is that they haven’t discovered that I’m an unbelievable moocher. My old staff found that out quickly and hind food from me and never told me about the potlucks until everyone had eaten first. Of course I played the fool and pretended I didn’t know there was a potluck and the staff graciously said that it was “okay” that I didn’t bring anything and to go ahead and enjoy the food anyway. Enjoy the food I did, and then some. I even saved a great deal of it for lunch the next day. Bingo!

Now I firmly believe that no events are isolated from one another. What we do in one instance, affects another. For instance, hiding the fact that I’m an unbelievable moocher, the Lord would not allow me to get away with it. This week the heater in my room broke down and it has been 20-below zero since. I could keep food in my room without it spoiling. A work order was sent in but if you know how school districts work, it won’t be done this year. Wonderful.

Now if I brought food like I was suppose to for the potluck things might be different. You might be saying that the Lord didn’t break my heater or that the Lord wouldn’t do something like that. My argument would be if he allowed Israel into the captivity of foreign nations because of their idolatry then it wouldn’t be out of character for Him to break my heater because I’m an unbelievable moocher to teach me a lesson. Either way, it’s freakin’ cold!! This happens to be reason 56,610 why I will never move to Portland – It's too cold.

3 comments:

  1. Moocher! (You're fitting in more and more with your mother-in-law's side of the family). You do bring up an interesting point, however. One might argue, "well, I can't tithe because I don't have the money," then one strangely finds oneself with numerous financial difficulties all of the sudden. I believe that God often uses money and/or circumstances to teach us things we wouldn't otherwise learn. The key is to not have a high tolerance for pain. I can't tell you how many people I meet that don't seem to get the message...

    Next time, I'm thinking you want to bring some chips and dips...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all good. Potlucks are kinda gross. Who wants to eat egg rolls and ziti on the same plate? Gross!!!


    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uncle John: you're right - that reminds me, I'm behind on my tithes maybe that's why I'm lacking funds as well.

    B: You have a point. But this potluck had Mexico food.

    ReplyDelete